Nutrition For The Older Adult / Edition 4by Melissa Bernstein
Pub. Date: 08/17/2009
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Reorganized and updated with the latest data in the field, the Second Edition of Nutrition for the Older Adult introduces students to the unique nutritional needs of this special population. Designed for the undergraduate, the text covers such important topics as the physiological changes of aging, weight and nutrition problems in older adults, diet and cultural diversity in older adults, macronutrient, mineral, and vitamin requirements for older adults, and much more. With an added emphasis on health promotion, Nutrition for the Older Adult is an essential resource for students in the fields of nutrition, nursing, public health and gerontology.
- New full-color design and art program!
- Updated content reflects Healthy People 2020, MyPlate for Older Americans, and 2010 Dietary Guidelines
- Contains examples with actual patients and nutritional disorders that are seen in the community and clinical settings
- Discusses changes that commonly occur naturally with aging, so that it is understood that disease is not a natural consequence of growing old
- Presents the diseases that occur often in older adults and includes nutritional elements that may contribute to the problems or are part of the solution to the problems
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews