Ethics in Finance / Edition 2by John R. Boatright
Pub. Date: 10/30/2007
This second edition of the ground-breaking Ethics in Finance, is an up-to-date, valuable addition to the emerging field of finance ethics. Citing examples of the scandals that have shaken public confidence in the ethics of Wall Street, this text explains the importance of ethics the operation of financial institutions and in the personal conduct of finance professionals.
- Focuses on practical issues that confront finance professionals and policy makers
- Now includes discussion of issues in mutual funds and financial engineering, the independence of analysts at investment banks, and the bank’s responsibility for the conduct of its clients
- Features a new chapter on conflicts of interest in financial services, expanded treatment of ethical issues in IPOs, and a new discussion about the discarding of pension funds
- Cites examples of the scandals that have shaken public confidence in Wall Street
Table of Contents
Preface to the First Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Financial Ethics: An Overview.
The Need for Ethics in Finance.
Ethics and Financial Markets.
The Financial Services Industry.
Individuals in Organizations.
2. Theoretical Perspectives in Finance.
Equity and Efficiency.
Fiduciaries, Agents, and Professionals.
Conflict of Interest.
3. Ethical Issues in Financial Services.
Churning, Twisting, and Flipping.
4. Ethical Issues in Investment Decisions.
Bank Lending Practices.
Socially Responsible Investing.
Investment and the New Finance.
5. Ethics in Financial Markets.
Insider and Program Trading.
The Ethics of Bankruptcy.
6. The Financial Theory of The Firm.
The Contractual Theory.
The Objective of the Firm.
The Stakeholder Challenge.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >