Immunology Interactive Version 3.0 CD-ROM / Edition 3by David Male
Pub. Date: 11/25/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The new IMMUNOLOGY INTERACTIVE CD-ROM, Version 3.0 combines the expertise of leading immunologists and animators to deliver a dynamic visual overview of the human immune system. Sixteen full-color, 3-D animations place immunology concepts in a "real-life" context, while eight new mini-lectures explain how the immune system responds to infection and tissue/i>… See more details below
The new IMMUNOLOGY INTERACTIVE CD-ROM, Version 3.0 combines the expertise of leading immunologists and animators to deliver a dynamic visual overview of the human immune system. Sixteen full-color, 3-D animations place immunology concepts in a "real-life" context, while eight new mini-lectures explain how the immune system responds to infection and tissue grafts.
- Offers interactive 3-D animations, which the reader can pause, to call up a list of screens containing detailed explanations relevant to that particular point in the animation
- Includes 200 multiple choice questions with answers and rationales.
- Relates immune processes to clinical infectious disease practice through a "real-life" lecture format.
- Explains each animation in detail with a voice-over commentary.
- Now on two disks-compatible with both Windows® and Macintosh® platformsNow on two disks-compatible with both Windows® and Macintosh® platforms.
- Features expanded infectious disease content-the eight new mini-lectures discuss influenza · HIV and AIDS · tuberculosis · malaria · vaccination · trypanosomiasis · transplantation · and hypersensitivity and autoimmunity following infection.
- Introduces the contents of the CD-ROM with a new opening sequence.
- Links to www.fleshandbones.com for additional learning tools, product support, and more.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
Table of Contents
Disc One: Animations: Introduction • Antibody Classes • Clonal Proliferation • Production of Antigen Receptors • MHC Genes and Molecules • Antigen Processing and Presentation • T-cell Education • Modes of Immune Response • Cell Traffic • Immunoregulation • Cell Migration and Phagocytosis • Inflammation • Anti-viral Defences • Immunopathology • Anti-bacterial Defences • Complement System. Expansions: Approximately 350 screens provide information-linked to the animations-on basic immunology, and 150 screens give information on clinical subjects. 200 multiple choice questions. Disc Two: Lectures: Eight lectures explain, by means of moving images, scrolling text and voiceover, how the immune system responds to different infections or to tissue grafts:
• HIV and AIDS
• Hypersensitivity and Autoimmunity following Infection
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >