Preface1. Prince Henry and Zheng He: Sailing South 2. Elizabeth and Akbar: The Religion of the Ruler?
3. Kangxi and Louis XIV: Dynastic Rulers, East and West
4. Bacon and Galileo: The New Science
5. Burke and Condorcet: Are People Perfectible?
6. Toussaint and Tecumseh: Resisting the Odds
7. George Sand and Harriet Beecher Stowe: Exploring "Women's Sphere"
8. Bismarck and Ito: Conservatives and Constitutions
9. Chimwere and York: Heroes in Two Worlds
10. Hitler and Stalin: Ideas and Personality?
11. Eva Peron and Golda Meir: Helping the Dispossessed-Two Models
12. M. K. Gandhi and Ho Chi Minh: Paths to Independence
13. Teller and Sakharov: Scientists in Politics
14. King and Mandela: The Prophet and the Politician