Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses with CD / Edition 12by Judith Hopfer Deglin
Pub. Date: 06/14/2010
Publisher: F. A. Davis Company
The new Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th Edition contains well-organized monographs with an emphasis on what students and nurses need to know. The new edition has even more new monographs, including the latest FDA approvals, and its alphabetical presentation allows for quick look-ups. Plus, free updates and recently FDA-approved drug monographs are posted regularly at www.DrugGuide.com. All organized within a Nursing Process framework to help your students plan care!
More Patient Safety Information than any other Drug Guide:
- Includes Do not confuse with caution statements throughout - updated to include 300 new do not confuse with statements
- Do not crush, break, or chew caution statements highlighted in color
- Side effects organized by body systems with the most frequent problems underlined and LIFE-THREATENING problems capitalized and in color
- Specific nursing actions help your students prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADRs)
- Detailed implementation information explains how to administer medication safely by all routes
- Dosing considerations for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- How to educate patients for safe medication use in the home
- Average wholesale prices for the top 300 drugs with generic availability indicated where available
- 4,600 trade and generic drugs
- 30 new monographs, along with the latest FDA information on new medications/warnings, dosage forms and unlabeled uses, life-span considerations, and product withdrawals
- 50 Comprehensive Drug Classes - with herbals in a separate class
- More complete coverage of herbals, including 18 full monographs on those most commonly used
- Search for medications on www.DrugGuide.com as well as find information on the latest FDA-approved drugs
- Accurate pediatric and geriatric dosages for prescription and over-the-counter meds
- And many more....
Judith Hopfer Deglin, PharmD, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, Connecticut.
April Hazard Vallerand, PhD, RN, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan.
- F. A. Davis Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Resource Kit CD-ROM
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >