(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with a Conclusion, Key Words, Chapter Thought Questions, and References section.)
1. Ethical Principles for Hospitality Managers.
Concern and Respect for Others.
Commitment to Excellence.
Reputation and Morale.
2. Ethical Thought.
Ethical Theories and Decision Making.
3. Good Employment Selections and Introduction to the Case Study.
Finding the Right Management Positions.
The Freshwater Oasis Inn Case Study.
4. Ethics and Front Office Management.
Front Desk at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Civility at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
5. Ethics and Housekeeping Management.
Hiring and Supervising a Diverse Workforce.
Housekeeping at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
6. Ethics and Sales and Marketing.
Sales and Marketing at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
7. Ethics and Facilities Management.
Fostering a Shared Ethic.
Moral and Legal Requirements.
Facilities Management at Freshwater Oasis Inn.
8. Ethics and Foodservice Management.
Managing Diversity in Foodservice.
Foodservice Worker Safety.
Foodborne Illness and Food Safety.
Foodservice at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
The Ethics of Purchasing.
Purchasing and Receiving at Freshwater Oasis Inn.
9. Ethics and Dinning Room Management.
The Dinning Room at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Effective Communication Basics.
10. Ethics and Bar and Beverage Management.
The Bar at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Alcohol Abuse at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Ethics and Our Lives.
11. Ethics and Human Resource Management.
Human Resource Management at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Chains of Command at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
12. Ethics and Technology.
Technology at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Ethics and Humility.
13. Ethics and Cost Control.
Cost Control at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Ethics and Controls.
DESIGNING & IMPLEMENTING ETHICS PROGRAMS.
14. Developing Codes of Ethics and Ethics Programs.
Management Deficiencies at the Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Developing Ethics Codes.
Freshwater Oasis Inn Ethics Code.
Developing and Ethics Program.
Designing an Ethics Program for Freshwater Oasis Inn.
Training Design Model.
15. Training Management and Employees in Ethics.
Lesson Planning for the Freshwater Oasis Inn Ethics Program.
A. Principles and Standards of Ethical Supply Management Conduct.
B. American Society of Association Executives Standards of Conduct.
C. Marriott Corporate Policy 1, Ethical Conduct.
D. Some Messages to the Executives of Ramada Inns.