Study Guide for Pathophysiology for the Health Professions / Edition 4by Barbara E. Gould
Pub. Date: 07/07/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Completely new, this Study Guide to accompany Pathophysiology for the Health Professions is written to aid students in the comprehension of pathophysiology. The material is presented in an engaging format that allows students to apply the knowledge they have gained from the core text. The material offers a wide range of activities, including labeling exercises,
Completely new, this Study Guide to accompany Pathophysiology for the Health Professions is written to aid students in the comprehension of pathophysiology. The material is presented in an engaging format that allows students to apply the knowledge they have gained from the core text. The material offers a wide range of activities, including labeling exercises, timed quizzes, complex questions focused on definitions and rationale/application, crossword puzzles, challenge assignments, and case studies.
- Short, timed quizzes test knowledge of abbreviations, acronyms, and drugs.
- Complex Questions (definitions, rationale/ application, fill-in-blank) enable students to apply their knowledge to more complex situations.
- Short, Timed Quizzes test students' knowledge of the more factually-based aspects of pathophysiology.
- Crossword Puzzles on six selected topics allow students to use and become more familiar with their vocabulary.
- Challenge Assignments that involve medical history, sample drug orders, genetics, and research give students more familiarity with items they'll encounter in their careers
- Case Studies challenge students to apply their knowledge to real life scenarios.
- Labeling exercises (unmarked diagrams/charts) challenge students to recall and submit information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Study Guid
Table of Contents
Section I: Basic Concepts of Disease Processes
- Introduction to Pathophysiology
- Inflammation and Healing
- Immunity and Abnormal Responses
- Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Imbalances
- Congenital and Genetic Disorders
- Diseases Associated with Adolescence
- The Relationship Between Pregnancy and DiseasePotential Complications of Pregnancy
- Aging and Disease Processes
- Effects of Immobility
- The Influence of Stress
- Substance Abuse
- Environmental Hazards
- Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Selected Therapies
- Blood and Lymphatic Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Urinary System Disorders
- Acute Neurologic Disorders
- Chronic Neurologic Disorders
- Disorders of the Eye and Ear
- Endocrine Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Reproductive System Disorders
Section II: The Effects of Altered Status/Growth and Development on Disease Processes
Section III: Pathophysiology of the Systems
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >