1. Science, Technology, and the Critics of Modernity.
2. Science, Integrated Inquiry, and Verification.
3. Reductionism: Sin, Salvation, or Neither?.
4. On the Trail of DNA: Genes and Heredity.
5. Vitalism and Homeopathy.
6. Disenchantment and the Cost of Rejected Knowledge.
7. Rejected Knowledge, Nature and the Occult.
8. Vitalism, the Organic, and the Precautionary Principle.
9. Feeding Six Billion People.
10. Romantics and Reactionaries.
11. Risk, Representation, and Change.
Epilogue: Science, Technology, and Humanity.