Women's Health: Body, Mind, Spirit: An Integrated Approach to Wellness and Illness / Edition 1by Marian C. Condon RN, D.Ed.
Pub. Date: 12/07/2004
Publisher: Prentice Hall
User-friendly and self explanatory, this book provides readers with essential information about women's health: how to promote it, the societal factors that so greatly impact it, and how to choose wisely among the wide-range of health care modalities available. Its versatile yet comprehensive coverage addresses the physical, mental and spiritual/b>… See more details below
User-friendly and self explanatory, this book provides readers with essential information about women's health: how to promote it, the societal factors that so greatly impact it, and how to choose wisely among the wide-range of health care modalities available. Its versatile yet comprehensive coverage addresses the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of health, and offers concrete guidelines for promoting wellness and recognizing illness. Chapter topics include nutrition, substance abuse, environmental toxins, rest and exercise, stress, relationships, thyroid disease, sexual wellness and illness, pregnancy and childbearing, menopause and peri-menopause, violence against women, and much more. For individuals thinking of the nursing profession as a career, and women's health concerns as a priority. Previously announced in the 12/01 catalog.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
I. SOCIOCULTURAL FACTORS THAT AFFECT WOMEN'S HEALTH AND HEALTHCARE.
1. Women, Society, Health and Health Care: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives.
2. Modern Sociocultural Dimensions of Women's Health: Why Class. Ethnicity and Age Matter.
II. ENVIRONMENTAL/LEFESTYLE FACTORS THAT AFFECT WOMEN'S HEALTH.
4. Substance Abuse.
5. Environmental Toxins.
6. Rest and Exercise.
III. THE EMERGING INTEGRATED HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM.
9. Understanding and Negotiating the Traditional Health Care System.
10. Non-Traditional Healthcare: Understanding the New Paradigm.
11. Non-Traditional Therapeutic Disciplines and Remedies: Choosing Wisely.
IV. PHYSICALLY MANIFESTED HEALTH: PROMOTING WELLNESS AND RECOGNIZING ILLNESS.
12. Cardiovascular Wellness and Illness.
13. Respiratory Wellness and Illness.
14. Musculoskeletal Wellness and Illness.
15. Gastrointestinal Wellness and Illness.
16. Urinary Tract Wellness and Illness.
17. Gynecological Wellness and Illness.
18. Skin Wellness and Illness.
19. Neurological Wellness and Illness.
20. Immunologic Wellness and Illness.
21. Thyroid Wellness and Illness.
22. Sexual Wellness and Illness.
23. Pregnancy and Childbearing.
24. Menopause and Peri-menopause.
25. Violence Against Women.
V. EMOTIONALLY AND SPIRITUALLY MANIFESTED HEALTH: PROMOTING WELLNESS AND RECOGNIZING ILLNESS.
26. Psychological Wellness and Illness.
27. Spiritual Wellness and Illness.
28. Dealing With the End of Life.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >