I. HISTORICAL FOUNDATIONS.
1. Sources of Russian Diplomacy.
2. The Beleaguered Soviet State, 1917-1939.
3. From Wartime Alliance.
4. The Crumbling of the Empire, 1953-1985.
II. DOMESTIC DETERMINANTS.
5. In Search of the Russian.
6. Russia and the Commonwealth.
7. National Security in an Era of Flux.
III. GEOPOLITICAL INTERESTS.
8. Russia and Europe.
9. Russia in Asia191.
10. Russia and the Third World.
11. Russian Interests in the Middle East.
12. Russia and International Organizations.
13. Russian-American Relations.
IV. THE FUTURE.
14. Russian Foreign Policy: Looking Ahead.
1996 Post-Election Epilogue.