Business Law Comprehensive / Edition 21by David P. Twomey
Pub. Date: 04/21/2010
Publisher: Cengage Learning
The Student Study Guide includes chapter outlines, general rules, study hints and review and application exercises. Solutions to all study guide case problems are also included. See more details below
The Student Study Guide includes chapter outlines, general rules, study hints and review and application exercises. Solutions to all study guide case problems are also included.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Study Guid
Table of Contents
PART 1: THE LEGAL AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Nature and Sources of Law.
2. The Court System and Dispute Resolution.
3. Business Ethics, Social Forces, and the Law.
4. The Constitution as the Foundation of the Legal Environment.
5. Government Regulation of Competition and Prices.
6. Administrative Agencies.
7. The Legal Environment of International Trade.
10. Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet.
11. Cyber law.
PART 2: CONTRACTS.
12. Nature and Classes of Contracts: Contracting on the Internet.
13. Formation of Contracts: Offer and Acceptance.
14. Capacity and Genuine Assent.
16. Legality and Public Policy.
17. Writing, Electronic Forms, and Interpretation of Contracts.
18. Third Persons and Contracts.
19. Discharge of Contracts.
20. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
PART 3: SALES AND LEASES OF GOODS.
21. Personal Property and Bailments.
22. Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management.
23. Nature and Form of Sales.
24. Title and Risk of Loss.
25. Product Liability: Warranties and Torts.
26. Obligations and Performance.
27. Remedies for Breach of Sales Contracts.
PART 4: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
28. Kinds of instruments, parties, and negotiability.
29. Transfers of negotiable instruments and warranties of parties.
30. Liability of the parties under negotiable instruments.
31. Checks and funds transfers.
PART 5: DEBTOR-CREDITOR RELATIONSHIPS.
32. Nature of the Debtor/Creditor Relationship.
33. Consumer protection.
34. Secured transactions inPersonal Property.
PART 6: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
38. Third persons in agency.
39. Regulation of employment.
40. Equal employment opportunity law.
PART 7: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
41. Types of business organizations.
43. LPs, LLCs, and LLPs.
44. Corporation Formation.
45. Shareholder rights in corporations.
46. Securities regulation.
47. Accountants' liability and malpractice.
48. Management of corporations.
PART 8: REAL PROPERTY AND ESTATES.
49. Real property.
50. Environmental law and land use controls.
52. Decedents' estates and trusts.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >