Ethnic Conflict: A Global Perspective / Edition 1by Stefan Wolff
Pub. Date: 03/23/2006
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Why do people keep killing each other, and what can we do about it? Stefan Wolff delves into the horror of ethnic conflict around the world to document the atrocities, understand the root causes, and offer potential solutions. This book takes the reader into the heart of conflicts in Africa, Europe, and Asia to examine a phenomenon which alongside terrorism represents one of the dominant forces in modern international politics. Now issued in paperback for the first time, this edition has been updated to include a new preface by the author and a useful new guide to further reading.
- Oxford University Press, USA
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Revised Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.30(w) x 6.30(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Human Dimension: Facts, Figures, and Stories of Ethnic Conflict
2. Ethnicity and Nationalism
3. What Causes Ethnic Conflicts?
4. Who Fights in Ethnic Conflicts and How?
5. Managing and Settling Ethnic Conflicts
6. Post-conflict Reconstruction
7. The Future of Ethnic Conflict: Possibilities and Probabilities
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >