Early Childhood Curriculum: A Creative Play Model / Edition 4by Carol E. Catron
Pub. Date: 02/16/2007
This comprehensive guide provides information on planning programs with a play-based, developmental curriculum for children from birth to five years of age and covers basic principles and current research in early childhood curricula. The book is unique in that it discusses the creative play model for use with children from infancy through preschool by presenting an integrated, individualized curricular approach that helps teachers to be sensitive to and to plan for young children with a variety of developmental and cultural backgrounds. For teachers and future teachers specializing in Early Childhood Education.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
Table of Contents
PART I. EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULUM.
2. Creative-Play Curriculum Model.
PART II. INVISIBLE CURRICULUM.
4. Partnerships with Parents.
5. Classroom Management and Guidance.
6. Classroom Design and Organization.
7. Outdoor Play Environment.
PART III. VISIBLE CURRICULUM.
9. Activity Planning.
10. Curriculum for Developing Personal Awareness.
11. Curriculum for Developing Emotional Well-being.
12. Curriculum for Developing Socialization.
13. Curriculum for Developing Communication.
14. Curriculum for Developing Cognition.
15. Curriculum for Developing Perceptual Motor Skills.
PART IV. CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULA.
Appendix A. NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
Appendix B. Developmental Checklist.
Appendix C. Guidelines for Child Observations.
Appendix D. Creativity Indicators.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >