I. THEORETICAL CONTRIBUTIONS.
1. Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile (Selections).
2. James Fordyce, Sermons to Young Women (Selections).
3. John Gregory, A Father's Legacy to His Daughters (Selections).
4. Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Women (Selections).
5. James Mill, Essay on Government (Selections).
6. Thomas Babington Macauley, Mill On Government (Selections).
7. John Stuart Mill, The Subjection of Women (Selections).
8. Harriet Taylor, Enfranchisement of Women (Selections).
9. Sarah Grimke, Letters on the Equality of the Sexes (Selections).
10. Angelina Grimke, Letters to Katherine E. Beecher (Selections).
11. Declaration of Sentiments and Resolutions, Seneca Falls (1848).
12. Frederick Doulass, Editorial in the North Star.
13. Sojourner Truth, Ain't I a Woman, Keep the Thing Going While Things are Stirring.
14. Victoria Woodhull, Address before Judiciary Committee of U.S. House of Representatives.
15. Elizabeth Cady Stanton, The Solitude of Self, Arguments in Favor of a Sixteenth Amendment, Educated Voters Needed,Woman's Bible, Introduction.
16. Susan B. Anthony, Trial of Susan B. Anthony, Woman Wants Bread, Not the Ballot (Selections).
17. Carrie Chapman Catt, Need For Organization Rather than Education, Speech to Iowa Convention, 1894, A League of Women Voters.
18. Charlotte Perkins Gilman, The Ballot as an Improver of Motherhood.
19. Jane Addams, Why Women Should Vote.
20. Henry Blackwell, A Solution of the Southern Question.
21. Belle Kearney, The South and Woman Suffrage.
22. John Stuart Mill, Suffrage for Women.
23. Barbara Bodichon, Reasons for and Against the Enfranchisement of Women (Selections).
24. Emmeline Pankhurst, My Own Story (Selections).
25. Millicent Fawcett, A Reply to the Letter of Mr. Samuel Smith, M.P. on Women's Suffrage.
26. Horace Bushnell, Women's Suffrage: The Reform Against Nature (Selections).
27. Francis Parkman, Some of the Reasons Against Woman Suffrage (Selections).
28. Grover Cleveland, Would Woman Suffrage Be Unwise?
29. Annie Nathan Meyer, Woman's Assumption of Sex Superiority (Selections).
30. William Ewart Gladstone, Female Suffrage.
31. A Reply to Mr. Gladstone's Letter on Woman Suffrage.
32. An Appeal Against Female Suffrage.
33. Women's Suffrage: A Reply.
34. Albert V. Dicey, Letters to a Friend on Votes for Women (Selections).
35. Harold Owen, Woman Adrift (Selections).