I. THINKING MORE DEEPLY ABOUT SCHOOL LIFE.
1. Toward Student-Centered Management.
2. Managing Interpersonal Relationships in Your Classroom: Historical and Metaphorical Perspectives.
3. How Cultural and Personal Labels Influence Teachers and Students.
4. Dealing With Everyday Classroom Life: How to Develop Routines, Promote Responsibility, and Respond to Problems.
II. UNDERSTANDING CONFLICT AND COOPERATION IN TODAY'S CLASSROOMS.
5. Conflict and Cooperation in the Social Curriculum.
6. Promoting Cooperation and Dealing with Conflict: Classroom Strategies.
7. Contemporary Issues Related to Student Behavior and Discipline.
III DEVELOPING CULTURAL AND LOCAL UNDERSTANDINGS OF SOCIAL CURRICULA.
8. Coping with Change at John Tynes Elementary School.
9. The Social Curriculum of Brown-Barge Middle School: A Case Report of Guidance and Mediation.
10. Diversity and Management: The Case of Estacado High School.
IV. EXPLORING CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT FROM A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE.
11. Inquiring into Classroom and School Life: An Action Research Approach.
12. Synthesizing Your Personal Theories for Management in Contemporary Classrooms.