1. Western and Central Sudanic Societies.
2. Western Sudanic Village-Based Societies.
3. The Western Guinea Coast.
4. The Akan Peoples of Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
5. Eastern Guinea Coast: The Yoruba, Nupe, and Fon and Their Influence.
6. Benin and the Lower Niger River Basin.
7. Cameroon Grassfields, Ogowe River Basin, and the Northern Equatorial Forest.
8. Leadership and Prestige Arts of the Zaire River Basin.
9. Arts of Divination, Healing, and Initiation in the Zaire River Basin.
10. State Societies of Northeastern Africa.
11. Eastern and Southern Africa.