1. Perspectives on Literacy Instruction.
3. Phonemic Awareness and the Alphabetic Principle.
4. Phonics and the Alphabetic Principle.
5. Developing Phonemic Awareness through Stories, Games, and Songs.
6. Using Writing to Teach Phonemic Awareness and Phonics.
7. Decoding Instruction: Word Recognition, Analogy, and Context.
8. Decoding Instruction: Phonics, Morphemic Analysis, and Syllabic Analysis.
9. Improving Decoding, Fluency, Comprehension, Motivation, and Writing.
10. Teaching Phonics in Ten Minutes a Day.
Appendix A: 919 High-Frequency Words Obtained from Children's Literature Books.
Appendix B: 275 High-Frequency Irregular Words Obtained from Children's Literature Books.
Appendix C: Sample Words Containing Low-Frequency Letter-Sound Relationships.
Appendix D: Word Lists for Chapter 10 Phonics Lessons.
Appendix E: Sample Story Grammar Test.
Appendix F: Individual Sight Word Test.
Appendix G: Individual Phonics Test.
Appendix H: Group Phonics Test.