America and Its Peoples: A Mosaic in the Making, Volume 2 From 1865 / Edition 5by James Kirby Martin
Pub. Date: 08/05/2003
America and Its Peoples, Fourth Edition presents American history in an exciting way, with a spirited narrative, vivid character sketches, and colorful anecdotes. The book highlights the rich ethnic diversity of the American people. Social history-with an emphasis on sports, leisure, and popular culture-is integrated with more traditional coverage of military history, politics, and diplomacy.MARKET Appropriate for anyone with an interest in American history.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
Table of Contents
16. The Nation Reconstructed: North, South, and the West, 1865-1877.
17. Emergence as an Economic Power.
18. The Rise of an Urban Society and City People.
19. End-of-the-Century Crisis.
20. Imperial America, 1870-1900.
21. The Progressive Struggle, 1900-1917.
22. The United States and World War I.
23. Modern Times, 1920-1929.
24. The Age of Roosevelt.
25. The End of Isolation: America Faces the World, 1920-1945.
26. Waging Peace and War.
27. Ike's America.
28. Vietnam and the Crisis of Authority.
29. The Struggle for a Just Society.
30. Power Shifts: The Emergence of the South and West.
31. Crises and Resurgence.
32. America in Our Time.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >