1. Basic Terms and Concepts.
2. Adding and Removing FRU Models.
3. System Resources.
4. Peripherals and Ports.
5. Installing Disk Devices.
6. Installing and Configuring Peripheral Devices.
7. System Upgrading and Optimizing.
8. Symptoms and Troubleshooting.
9. Basic Troubleshooting Techniques.
10. Preventive Maintenance.
11. System Protection.
13. Random Access Memory.
15. CMOS RAM.
16. Basic Printer Concepts.
17. Servicing Printers.
18. Basic Networking Concepts.
19. Operating System Fundamentals.
20. Navigating Operating Systems.
21. Creating and Managing Files.
22. Basic Disk Management.
23. Installing and Upgrading Operating Systems.
24. Starting the System.
25. Working with Devices, Applications, and Printers.
26. Troubleshooting OS Setup/Startup Problems.
27. Common OS Operational Problems.
28. Networking with Windows.
29. Internet Concepts.
PassIT A+ Certification / Edition 2by Charles J. Brooks
Pub. Date: 12/17/2003
Publisher: New Riders
Presenting the key material needed to pass the CompTIA A+ Certification exam, this condensed guide makes studying easy and eliminates any underlying "theory" material not related to the test. The neat handbook will help users get the job that they wantwith the on-the-job training and experience that will enable them to keep it. Chapter topics include System Resources, Peripherals and Ports, Installing Disk Devices, System Upgrading and Optimizing, basic Troubleshooting Techniques, Preventive Maintenance, System Protection, Microprocessors, Random Access Memory, Motherboards, Basic Printer Concepts, Servicing Printers, Basic Networking Concepts, Operating System Fundamentals, Creating and Managing Files, Basic Disk Management, Installing and Upgrading Operating Systems, Troubleshooting OS Setup/Startup Problems, Common OS Operational Problems, Networking with Windows, and Internet Concepts. For professionals needing to obtain IT Certification in the most quick and concise method without sacrificing quality.
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews