Introduction to Social Statistics: The Logic of Statistical Reasoning / Edition 1by Thomas Dietz, Linda Kalof
Pub. Date: 04/06/2009
- Lively introductory textbook that uses three strategies to help
Introduction to Social Statistics is a basic statistics text with a focus on the use of models for thinking through statistical problems, an accessible and consistent structure with ongoing examples across chapters, and an emphasis on the tools most commonly used in contemporary research.
- Lively introductory textbook that uses three strategies to help students master statistics: use of models throughout; repetition with variation to underpin pedagogy; and emphasis on the tools most commonly used in contemporary research
- Demonstrates how more than one statistical method can be used to approach a research question
- Enhanced learning features include a ‘walk-through’ of statistical concepts, applications, features, advanced topics boxes, and a ‘What Have We Learned’ section at the end of each chapter
- Supported by a website containing instructor materials including chapter-by-chapter PowerPoint slides, answers to exercises, and an instructor guide
Visit www.wiley.com/go/dietz for additional student and instructor resources.
Table of Contents
List of Tables.
List of Figures.
Preface: A Strategy for Approaching Quantitative Analysis.
An Introduction to Quantitative Analysis.
Some Basic Concepts.
Displaying Data One Variable at a Time.
Plotting Relationships and Conditional Distributions.
Causation and Models of Causal Effects.
Sampling Distributions and Inference.
Using Sampling Distributions: Confidence Intervals.
Using Sampling Distributions: Hypothesis Tests.
The Subtle Logic of Analysis of Variance.
Goodness of Fit and Models of Frequency Tables.
Bivariate Regression and Correlation.
Basics of Multiple Regression.
Appendix A Summary of Variables in Examples.
Appendix B Mathematics Review.
Appendix C Statistical Tables.
Glossary of Key Terms.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >