Sales & Leases: Examples & Explanations 6e / Edition 6by Brook
Pub. Date: 01/11/2012
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
This approachable and practical study guide to sales law, specifically UCC Articles 2 and 2A, provides brief textual introductions to standard definitions and concepts, followed by provocative examples, questions, and analyses. Relying on the standard examples-and-explanation pedagogy, Sales and Leases is an accessible, clearly written study guide for any/b>
This approachable and practical study guide to sales law, specifically UCC Articles 2 and 2A, provides brief textual introductions to standard definitions and concepts, followed by provocative examples, questions, and analyses. Relying on the standard examples-and-explanation pedagogy, Sales and Leases is an accessible, clearly written study guide for any student studying sales law, commercial law, commercial transactions law and contract law.
The Sixth Edition has been updated to address the recently aborted effort to revise Articles 2 and 2A. It also includes recent cases on the scope of Article 2, as well as those on the disclaimer of consequential damages.
• Uses standard examples-and-explanation pedagogy.
• Clear, compelling writing style makes complex or ambiguous concepts accessible to students.
• Comprehensive coverage complements courses in sales, contracts, and commercial or transaction law.
• Distinguished author has extensive experience teaching and writing about commercial law.
• Well-crafted, relevant examples that progress from simple to more complex issues.
• Flexible organization adapts readily to different teaching approaches.
• Includes all recent developments in currency.
Updated to cover recent developments, the revised Sixth Edition includes :
• Recent cases on the scope of Article 2, including Surplus.com v. Oracle Corp. and Attachmate Corp. v. Health Net, Inc.
• Recent cases on the disclaimer of consequential damages, such as Beausoleil v. Peterbilt Motors Co. and Ryan’s Express Transp. Services, Inc. v. Caterpillar, Inc.
• Update on the recently aborted effort to revise Articles 2 and 2A.
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
Summary of Contents
Part 1: Transactions Governed by Articles 2 and 2A, Formation, and Basic Terms
1. The Scope of Article 2
2. The Subject is Leases
3. Who Is a “Merchant” and Why It Matters
4. Offer and Acceptance: The Basics
5. Offer and Acceptance Advanced: The Battle of the Forms
6. The Statute of Frauds
7. Usage of Trade, Course of Dealing, and Course of Performance
8. The Parol Evidence Rule
9. Open Terms, Gap Fillers, and the Doctrine of Unconscionability
Part 2: Warranty Terms
10. The Warranty of Title
11. Express Warranties of Quality
12. Implied Warranties of Quality
13. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Remedies
14. The “Privity” Puzzle
15. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
16. Warranties in the Lease of Goods
Part 3: Performance of the Sales Contract
17. Identification of Goods and the Seller’s Tender
18. Acceptance or Rejection of Goods
20. Revocation of Acceptance
21. Anticipatory Repudiation and Insecurity
22. Installment Sales
23. Excuse of Performance
Part 4: Risk of Loss
24. Basic Treatment
25. Delivery Through Independent Third Parties
26. When There Has Been a Breach
Part 5: Remedies ;
27. Seller’s Remedies
28. Buyer’s Remedies
29. Remedies in Lease Transactions
Part 6: Documentary Transactions
30. Bailment Basics and Documents of Title
31. “Payment Against Documents”
Table of UCC Sections
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >