About the Editors.
Introduction: Naomi Zack.
Part I: Race: Edited by Naomi Zack:.
Race: Introduction to the Readings.
1. The Real Status of Blacks Today: Derrick Bell.
2. The Uncompleted Argument: Du Bois and the Illusion of Race: Kwame Anthony Appiah.
3. Racism in the Head, Racism in the World: Judith Lichtenburg.
4. The Status of Blacks in Academic Philosophy: Leonard Harris.
5. Reverse Discrimination as Unjustified: Lisa H. Newton.
6. The Morality of Reparation: Bernard R. Boxhill.
7. The Fact of Blackness: Frantz Fanon.
8. Prison of Color: Virginia R. Harris.
9. Mixed Black and White Race and Public Policy: Naomi Zack.
Questions about Race.
Recommended Reading for Part One.
Part II: Class: Edited by Crispin Sartwell:.
Class: Introduction to the Readings.
10. Civil Government is for Defence of Rich Against Poor: Adam Smith.
11. Manifesto of the Communist Party: Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.
12. Economy and Society: Max Weber.
13. Men and Jobs: Elliot Liebow.
14. Seeing Ourselves Through the Eyes of the "Other": an Intellectual and Spiritual Journey: Dasiea Cavers-Huff and Janice Kollitz.
15. Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt: Patricia J. Williams.
16. Working-class Culture: Joanna Kadi.
Questions about Class.
Recommended Reading for Part Two.
Part III: Gender: Edited by Laurie Shrage:.
Gender: Introduction to the Readings.
17. Gender Treachery: Homophobia, Masculinity, and Threatened Identities: Patrick D. Hopkins.
18. Interpreting 'Gender': Linda J. Nicholson.
19. A Matter of Discipline: Reading for Gender in Jewish Philosophy: Susan E. Shapiro.
20. Stages on Kant's Way: Aesthetics, Morality and the Gendered Sublime: Christine Battersby.
Questions about Gender.
Recommended Reading for Part Three.
Part IV: Sexuality: Edited by Laurie Shrage:.
Sexuality: Introduction to the Readings.
21. Saint Foucault: David M. Halperin.
22. Refiguring Lesbian Desire: Elizabeth Grosz.
23. Markets in Women's Sexual Labour: Debra Satz.
24. Talking Sex: Bell Hooks.
25. Deconstructive Strategies and the Movement against Sexual Violence: Renée Heberle.
Questions about Sexuality.
Recommended Reading for Part Four.
Part V: Intersections: Edited by Crispin Sartwell:.
Intersections: Introduction to the Readings.
26. Mother Tongue: Amy Tan.
27. Confessions of a Nice Negro, or Why I Shaved my Head: Robin D. G. Kelley.
28. The Green Frog Skin: John (Fire) Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes.
29. Aren't You in the Wrong Neighbourhood?: William Upski Wimsatt.
30. Sunset Trailer Park: Allan Bérubé with Florence Bérubé.
31. The Culture of Complaint: Robert Hughes.
32. Have We Got a Theory for You!: María C. Lugones and Elizabeth V. Spelman.
33. A Long Line of Vendidas: Cherríe Morga.
Questions about Intersections.
Recommended Reading for Part Five.