Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positions & Radiologic Procedures, Volume 3 / Edition 10by Bruce W. Long, Eugene D. Frank, Vinita Merrill, Eugene D. Frank
Pub. Date: 02/09/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Widely recognized as the gold standard of positioning texts, this highly-regarded, comprehensive resource features more than 400 projections and excellent full-color illustrations augmented by MRI images for added detail to enhance the anatomy and positioning presentations. In three volumes, it covers preliminary steps in radiography, radiation protection, and… See more details below
Widely recognized as the gold standard of positioning texts, this highly-regarded, comprehensive resource features more than 400 projections and excellent full-color illustrations augmented by MRI images for added detail to enhance the anatomy and positioning presentations. In three volumes, it covers preliminary steps in radiography, radiation protection, and terminology, as well as anatomy and positioning information in separate chapters for each bone group or organ system. High-quality images of commonly requested projections, as well as those less commonly requested, show the reader how to properly position the patient so the resulting radiograph provides information needed to correctly diagnose the problem. Information is also provided on a variety of special imaging modalities and situations, including mobile radiography, operating room radiography, computed tomography, cardiac catheterization, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, nuclear medicine technology, bone densitometry, positron emission tomography, and radiation therapy.
• All currently performed projections are carefully displayed in consistent format, so they can be easily understood and performed by both students and practitioners.
• Essential projections - those most frequently performed and determined to be necessary for entry-level competency - are identified with a special icon.
• Full color anatomy drawings and positioning photos greatly enhance the learning value of the text, making what has always been the best-illustrated anatomy and positioning text an even more effective resource.
• Diagnostic-quality radiographs provide the best possible examples of the radiographs that the reader will be striving to produce, clearly showing what the radiograph is intended to demonstrate.
• Bulleted lists and step-by-step instructions give clear guidance on how to correctly position the patient or body part and how to perform procedures.
• Summaries of anatomy at the beginning of each procedural chapter identify and describe anatomical terms in a table that enables readers to easily refer to explanations of the anatomy described in the chapter.
• A new chapter on Trauma prepares the reader for this exciting and demanding aspect of radiography, including procedures to rule out life-threatening fractures and to visualize damage from penetrating trauma.
• A new chapter on Surgical Radiography covers fluoroscopic and mobile radiographic procedures for the operating room.
• A new chapter on Geriatrics discusses physiologic changes of age that require changes in procedures and positioning.
• Summaries of pathology tables group conditions and their definitions for each radiographic area in positioning chapters so radiographers and students can review the possibilities for pathology in each positioning area.
• Summaries of projections, included in tables at the beginning of each procedural chapter, are organized by anatomical area and list all the projections described in the chapter.
• Exposure technique charts in the positioning chapters help establish technique factors to use for the various projections.
• New high-quality radiographs in nearly every chapter, including many that demonstrate pathology - plus new MRI images - present the most comprehensive collection of radiographs available in a single source.
• Five new projections include the Folio Method (thumb), the Apple Method (shoulder), AP Both Ankles, the Garth Method (shoulder), and the Judet Method (Acetabulum) - the first three are not found in any other book.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.34(w) x 12.04(h) x 1.38(d)
Table of Contents
25. Central Nervous System
26. Circulatory System and Cardiac Catheterization
27. Sectional Anatomy for Radiographers
28. Pediatric Imaging
30. Mobile Radiography
31. Surgical Radiography
32. Computed Radiography
33. Computed Tomography
34. Computed Radiography
35. Digital Angiography and Digital Spot Imaging
36. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
37. Diagnostic Ultrasound
38. Nuclear Medicine
39. Bone Densitometry
40. Positron Emission Tomography
41. Radiation Oncology
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >