Economics Today Plus NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 17by Roger LeRoy Miller
Pub. Date: 04/08/2013
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Written for students taking the principles of economics course. By presenting ideas clearly, at an accessible level, and in the context of newsworthy applications, Economics Today is also a valuable resource for professionals seeking a current, real-world introduction to economics.
Economics Today —Bringing the Real World to Your Students
Students learn best when they see concepts applied to examples from their everyday lives. This new edition of Economics Today covers leading-edge issues while lowering barriers to student learning. The text relentlessly pursues the fundamental objective of showing students how economics is front and center in their own lives while providing them with many ways to evaluate their understanding of key concepts covered in each chapter.
Each chapter begins and ends with an Issues and Applications feature, which introduces a timely issue in the chapter opener and analyzes the issue using the economic tools learned in that chapter at the end. This text is also available with MyEconLab®, which includes assessment questions that tie to these Issues and Applications, as well as ABC News video clips. With MyEconLab, students can continue working problems online and receive personalized tutorial resources. Visit MyEconLab for more information.
013314867X / 9780133148671 Economics Today Plus NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0132948907 / 9780132948906 Economics Today
0132969696 / 9780132969697 NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Economics Today
Note: MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Economics
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs
3. Demand and Supply
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis
5. Public Spending and Public Choice
6. Funding the Public Sector
II. INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
7. The Macroeconomy. Unemployment, Inflation and Deflation
8. Measuring the Economy’s Performance
9. Global Economic Growth and Development
III. REAL GDP DETERMINATION AND FISCAL POLICY
10. Real GDP and the Price Level in the Long Run
11. Classical and Keynesian Macro Analyses
12. Consumption, Real GDP, and the Multiplier
13. Fiscal Policy
14. Deficit Spending and the Public Debt
IV. MONEY, STABILIZATION AND GROWTH
15. Money, Banking and Central Banking
16. Domestic and International Dimensions of Monetary Policy
17. Stabilization in an Integrated World Economy
18. Policies and Prospects for Global Economic Growth
V. DIMENSIONS OF MICROECONOMICS
19. Demand and Supply Elasticity
20. Consumer Choice
21. Rents, Profits, and the Financial Environment of Business
VI. MARKET STRUCTURE, RESOURCE ALLOCATION, AND REGULATION
22. The Firm. Cost and Output Determination
23. Perfect Competition
25. Monopolistic Competition
26. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
27. Regulation and Antitrust Policy in a Globalized Economy
VII. LABOR RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
28. The Labor Market. Demand, Supply, and Outsourcing
29. Unions and Labor Market Monopoly Power
30. Income, Poverty and Health Care
31. Environmental Economics
VIII. GLOBAL ECONOMICS
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >