John C. Ewers (1909–1997), was the first curator of the Museum of the Plains Indian on the Blackfeet Reservation in Montana. Later he served as Director of what is now Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History and was Ethnologost Emeritus with the Smithsonian. His many publications include The Blackfeet: Raiders on the Northwestern Plains and Plains Indian History and Culture: Essays on Continuity and Change.
William T. Hagan is retired Professor of History at the University of Oklahoma. His numerous books on American Indian subjects include The Sac and Fox Indians; United States–Comanche Relations; Quanah Parker, Comanche Chief; and Theodore Roosevelt and Six Friends of the Indian, all published by the University of Oklahoma Press.