Nursing Research: Methods, Critical Appraisal and Utilization / Edition 4by Geri LoBiondo-Wood, Mary Jo Gorney-Moreno, Mary Jo Gorney-Moreno
Pub. Date: 01/28/1998
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This Study Guide follows the organization of the textbook, NURSING RESEARCH: METHODS, CRITICAL APPRAISAL, AND UTILIZATION, with each chapter corresponding with a chapter in the text. Each chapter consists of an introduction, learning objectives, and a posttest. The learning activities vary depending on the chapter content, but include short-answer and essay… See more details below
This Study Guide follows the organization of the textbook, NURSING RESEARCH: METHODS, CRITICAL APPRAISAL, AND UTILIZATION, with each chapter corresponding with a chapter in the text. Each chapter consists of an introduction, learning objectives, and a posttest. The learning activities vary depending on the chapter content, but include short-answer and essay questions and use a variety of questioning formats. The new edition of this successful study guide has been updated to incorporate the newest material in the text, such as how to conduct an on-line data base search and evaluate research presented on the Internet. The answers to the learning activities are printed in the Study Guide's appendix to provide students with immediate feedback. The answers to the posttest are printed in the Instructor's Resource Manual accompanying the text so that instructors have the flexibility to use these questions as they choose. Unique to this study guide is a free Computerized Learning Resource in CD-ROM, which allows students to critique a research article, participate in a research project as a researcher, and learn to evaluate research found on the World Wide Web.
* A free Computerized Learning Resource (CD-ROM) focuses on research critique and utilization, while providing students with additional opportunities to apply concepts to practice and improve computer skills.
• Chapters are keyed to text chapters to facilitate use.
• Focus on utilization of research helps students apply research findings to clinical practice.
• Learning Objectives and Introductions at the beginning of each chapter help students focus on important content.
• Examples reprinted from recently published research reports give students practice in reading and evaluating published research.
• Learning activities in each chapter help maintain student interest in the topic.
• Answers to the learning activities are found in the study guide appendix to facilitate self study and to provide students with immediate feedback.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
|Using Research to Improve Patient Care|
|1||The Role of Research in Nursing||3|
|2||The Scientific Approach to the Research Process||33|
|3||The Evolution of Research: From Science to Practice||55|
|Using Research in the Care of Patients|
|4||Overview of the Research Process||91|
|5||The Literature Review||109|
|6||The Theoretical Framework||142|
|7||Research Problems and Hypotheses||160|
|8||Introduction to Design||192|
|9||Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs||212|
|11||Qualitative Approaches to Research||253|
|13||Legal and Ethical Issues||313|
|14||Data Collection Methods||344|
|15||Reliability and Validity||365|
|16||Descriptive Data Analysis||385|
|17||Inferential Data Analysis||404|
|18||Analysis of the Findings||424|
|Using Research in Practice|
|19||Evaluating Quantitative Research Studies||441|
|20||Evaluating the Qualitative Research Report||481|
|App. A: The Abdomen, Thigh, and Arm as Sites for Subcutaneous Sodium Heparin Injections||514|
|App. B: Coping and Adaptation in Children with Diabetes||522|
|App. C: Types and Meanings of Caring Behaviours Among Elderly Nursing Home Residents||534|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >