Realms, Regions and Concepts / Edition 15by Harm J. de Blij, Peter O. Muller, Jan Nijman
Pub. Date: 10/11/2011
The 15th Edition of H.J. deBlij and Peter Muller's Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts has been expanded and enhanced upon previous editions. This carefully crafted text by one of the most traveled, knowledgeable and authoritative geography authors, H.J. deBlij provides a comprehensive understanding about the world with a long history of on/i>… See more details below
The 15th Edition of H.J. deBlij and Peter Muller's Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts has been expanded and enhanced upon previous editions. This carefully crafted text by one of the most traveled, knowledgeable and authoritative geography authors, H.J. deBlij provides a comprehensive understanding about the world with a long history of on authoritative content, outstanding cartography, currency, and comprehensive coverage, in a technology-rich package. A new online World Regional Geography program is one of many new strong and effective technologies included.
- New Organization! Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures.
- New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia.
- New “Voice From the Region” feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm.
- Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork.
- New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction World Regional Geography: Global Perspectives.
Chapter 1A Europe: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 1BEuropean Regions.
Chapter 2ARussia: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 2BRussian Regions.
Chapter 3ANorth America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 3B Regions Of North America.
Chapter 4A Middle America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 4B Regions Of Middle America.
Chapter 5A South America: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 5B South American Regions.
Chapter 6A Subsaharan Africa: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 6B Regions Of Subsaharan Africa.
Chapter 7A The North African/Southwest Asian Realm.
Chapter 7B Regions Of North Africa/Southwest Asia.
Chapter 8A South Asia: Defining The Realm.
Chapter 8B South Asian Regions.
Chapter 9A The East Asian Realm.
Chapter 9B East Asian Regions.
Chapter 10A The Southeast Asian Realm.
Chapter 10B Southeast Asian Regions.
Chapter 11 The Austral Realm.
Chapter 12 Pacific Realm And Polar Futures.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >