Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry / Edition 7by Andrew H. Feinstein, John M. Stefanelli
Pub. Date: 10/05/2007
Within any hospitality business, the purchasing function underlies every aspect of the operation. Even if they are not purchasing agents, hospitality managers must have a firm grasp of purchasing principles in order to run a successful operation. Purchasing: Selection and
Essential information from a manager's perspective-revised for today's industry
Within any hospitality business, the purchasing function underlies every aspect of the operation. Even if they are not purchasing agents, hospitality managers must have a firm grasp of purchasing principles in order to run a successful operation. Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, Seventh Edition offers a revised and updated edition of the foundational resource for this crucial area.
The Seventh Edition of this classic book features:
- In-depth coverage throughout of the latest purchasing technology applications
- The most current standards and trends in all areas of purchasing: food, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Discussions and interviews with industry executives on how purchasing affects their business
- A new full-color interior design filled with vibrant color photographs
- Questions, problems, experiential exercises, glossary, Web site links, and other practical features
The Seventh Edition covers not only the latest purchasing techniques and practices, but also provides comprehensive coverage of the timeless principles of this essential topic. From the first steps of selection, to receiving, storing, and managing goods and services, Purchasing, Seventh Edition is essential reading for anyone starting or developing a career in hospitality management.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.76(w) x 9.41(h) x 1.47(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Concept of Selection and Procurement.
2. Technology Applications in Purchasing.
3. Distribution Systems.
4. Forces Affecting the Distribution Systems.
5. An Overview of the Purchasing Function.
6. The Organization and Administration of Purchasing.
7. The Buyer's Relations with Other Company Personnel.
8. the Purchase Specification: An Overall View.
9. The Optimal Amount.
10. The Optimal Price.
11. The Optimal Payment Policy.
12. The Optimal Supplier.
13. Typical Ordering Procedures.
14. Typical Receiving Procedures.
15. Typical Storage Management Procedures.
16. Security in the Purchasing Function.
17. Fresh Produce.
18. Processed Produce and Other Grocery Items.
19. Dairy Products.
25. Nonfood Expense Items.
27. Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >