Part I: The Profession of Interior Design.
1. Interior Design as a Profession.
2. Professional Preparation.
3. Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
4. Legal Responsibilities.
Part II: Getting Started.
5. Personal Goals.
6. Professional Options.
Part III: Establishing an Interior Design Practice.
7. Creating a New Interior Design Practice.
8. Advice and Counsel.
9. Business Formations.
10. Business Legal Filings and Licenses.
11. Preparing the Business Plan.
Part IV: Growing the Practice.
12. Practice Organization and Management.
13. Strategic Planning.
14. Human Resource Management.
15. Legal Issues of Employment.
16. Basic Financial Accounting.
17. Financial Management.
Part V: Marketing and Business Development.
18. Marketing Interior Design Services.
19. Promoting the Interior Design Practice.
20. Additional Promotional Methods.
21. Selling Strategies.
22. Design Presentations.
Part VI: Project Compensation and Agreements.
23. Project Compensation and Fees.
24. Preparing Design Contracts.
25. Product Pricing.
26. The Sale of Goods and the Commercial Code.
27. Warranties and Product Liability.
VII: Project Management.
28. The Project Management Process.
29. Trade Sources.
30. contract Documents and Specifications.
31. Contract Administration.
32. Contract Distraction: Delivery and Project Closeout.
VIII: Looking Ahead.
33. Getting the Next-or First-Job.
34. Landing the Job.