Strategy Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities, First Edition / Edition 1by Robert Reid, Torri Lienemann, Torri Ortiz Lienemann, Torri Lienemann
Pub. Date: 04/21/2006
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Practical and accessible, this book provides the first step-by-step guide to cognitive strategy instruction, which has been shown to be one of the most effective instructional techniques for students with learning problems. Presented are proven strategies that students can use to improve their self-regulated learning, study skills, and performance in specific content areas, including written language, reading, and math. Clear directions for teaching the strategies in the elementary or secondary classroom are accompanied by sample lesson plans and many concrete examples. Enhancing the book's hands-on utility are more than 20 reproducible worksheets and forms.
Table of Contents
1. Why Use Strategy Instruction?
2. Building Background Knowledge
3. The Self-Regulated Strategy Development Model
4. How to Implement the SRSD Model
5. Self-Regulation Strategies
6. Implementing Self-Regulation Strategies
7. Integrating Strategies and Self-Regulation
8. Strategies in Written Language
9. Strategies in Reading Comprehension
10. Strategies in Mathematics
11. Study Skills Strategies
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >