1. Promoting Healthy Behavior Change.
2. Psychosocial Health: Being Mentally, Emotionally, Socially, and Spiritually Well.
3. Managing Stress: Coping With Life's Challenges.
4. Violence and Abuse: Creating Healthy Environments.
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS.
5. Healthy Relationships: Communicating Effectively with Friends, Family, and Significant Others.
6. Sexuality: Choices in Sexual Behavior.
7. Reproductive Choices: Making Responsible Decisions.
III. CHOOSING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
8. Nutrition: Eating for Optimum Health.
9. Managing Your Weight.
10. Personal Fitness: Improving Health Through Exercise.
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS.
11. Addictions and Addictive Behavior: Threats to Wellness.
12. Drinking Responsibly: A Lifestyle Challenge on Campus.
13. Tobacco and Caffeine: Daily Pleasures, Daily Challenges.
14. Illicit Drugs: Use, Misuse, and Abuse.
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE.
15. Cardiovascular Disease: Reducing Your Risk.
16. Cancer: Reducing Your Risk.
17. Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections: Risks and Responsibilities.
18. Noninfectious Conditions: The Modern Maladies.
VI. FACING LIFE'S CHALLENGES.
19. Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Process.
20. Dying and Death: The Final Transition.
21. Environmental Health: Thinking Globally, Acting Locally.
22. Consumerism: Selecting Health Care Products and Services.
23. Complementary and Alternative Medicine: New Choices and Responsibilities for Healthwise Consumers.
Appendix A: Injury Prevention and Emergency Care.
Appendix B: Nutritive Value of SelectedFoods.