I: INTRODUCTION: MARKETS AND PRICES.
2. The Basics of Supply and Demand.
II: PRODUCERS, CONSUMERS, AND COMPETITIVE MARKETS.
3. Consumer Behavior.
4. Individual and Market Demand.
5. Uncertainty and Consumer Behavior.
7. The Cost of Production.
8. Profit Maximization and Competitive Supply.
9. The Analysis of Competitive Markets.
III: MARKET STRUCTURE AND COMPETITIVE STRATEGY.
10. Market Power: Monopoly and Monopsony.
11. Pricing with Market Power.
12. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
13. Game Theory and Competitive Strategy.
14. Markets for Factor Inputs.
15. Investment, Time, Capital Markets.
IV: INFORMATION, MARKET FAILURE, AND THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT.
16. General Equilibrium and Economic Efficiency.
17. Markets with Asymmetric Information.
18. Externalities and Public Goods.