Festival and Special Event Management / Edition 4by Johnny Allen, William O'Toole, Robert Harris, Ian McDonnell
Pub. Date: 01/02/2008
Festival & Special Event Management Fourth edition continues the comprehensive overview of he theory and procedures associated with festivals and special events established in previous editions. the new edition of this market-leading text introduces new developments and professional 'tools', and considers the globalization and subsequent internationalisation/b>
Festival & Special Event Management Fourth edition continues the comprehensive overview of he theory and procedures associated with festivals and special events established in previous editions. the new edition of this market-leading text introduces new developments and professional 'tools', and considers the globalization and subsequent internationalisation of event management.
The role of marketing and communication, environmental planning, the increasing role of governments through the creation of event strategies, and the different perspectives of event management are all discussed. The edition offers students a current, relevant textbook for their study and professional reference.
- End-of-Chapter case studies profile staged events to illustrate various concepts as presented n the text.
- Industry professionals present real-world examples.
- 'Event Profile' vignettes feature the diversity of events, the individuals who work within the industry and the process of formulating and organising an event.
New to This Edition:
- A chapter on environmental planning and events
- A chapter on the perspective various groups have of events
- Expanded content on the marketing of events
- Expanded content on the law and events
- Additional content on risk and occupational health and safety management
The experienced authors have taught event management throughout Australia and in locations as diverse as Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Edinburgh, Auckland and Cape Town.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 9.60(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of ContentsPreface.
Examples at a glance.
PART 1: EVENT CONTEXT.
Chapter 1 An overview of the event field.
Chapter 2 Perspectives on events.
Chapter 3 Event impacts and legacies.
PART 2 PLANNING.
Chapter 4 The strategic planning function.
Chapter 5 Conceptualising the event.
Chapter 6 Project management for events.
Chapter 7 Financial management and events.
Chapter 8 Human resource management and events.
Chapter 9 Marketing planning for events.
Chapter 10 Promotion: integrated marketing communication for events.
Chapter 11 Sponsorship of special events.
Chapter 12 Sustainable event management.
Chapter 13 Event tourism planning.
PART 3 EVENT OPERATIONS AND EVALUATION.
Chapter 14 Staging events.
Chapter 15 Logistics.
Chapter 16 Event evaluation and research.
PART 4 LEGAL, RISK AND OHS MANAGEMENT AND EVALUATION.
Chapter 17 Legal issues of event management.
Chapter 18 Risk management.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >