Computer Accounting With Quickbooks 2013 / Edition 15by Donna Kay
Pub. Date: 03/08/2013
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Using a hands-on approach, Computer Accounting with QuickBooks® 2013 integrates understanding accounting with mastery of QuickBooks software. The text provides proven instructional techniques based throughout the new edition to make students mastery of QuickBooks as effortless as possible. The Fifteenth Edition offers a complete package to learn the leading small business accounting software: QuickBooks software, comprehensive text, Student Blog, and LIVE Projects.
The text uses a highly effective three-step approach to streamline your learning:
1. Chapter Tutorials. Providing numerous screen shots and detailed instructions, chapters in Computer Accounting with QuickBooks are designed as tutorials for the student to initially learn the accounting software features. All chapters are based on realistic, virtual company cases to enhance your understanding of the business environment in which QuickBooks is used. YouTube videos @ www.myquickbooks.me reinforce chapter tutorials.
2. Learning Activities. To improve long-term retention of student software skills and mastery of QuickBooks, learning activities are included at the end of the chapters. Designed with fewer instructions to test the understanding and, when needed, to develop skills at quickly seeking out additional information to complete tasks, the activities consist of exercises, projects and web quests. JIT Learning, the ability to seek out information as needed, is an increasingly important skill in a rapidly changing business environment. Computer Accounting with QuickBooks is designed to seamlessly facilitate your development of this crucial skill. In addition, the virtual cases challenge you to apply and develop both software and problem-solving skills.
3. Reflection. Reflection improves learning and retention. A reflection exercise, A Wish and A Star, appears at the end of each chapter to highlight what the student has learned.
New with QuickBooks 2013, we are pleased to include a Quick Guide in Section 3 to streamline your review for the QuickBooks User Certification examination.
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.40(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Do not Rent this Book for your Class!!! Classes require the Quickbooks 2013 Software to complete the class and the book you will receive from the rental service is used with activated software. You will not register it for the 140 day trial. Inuit offers no support for this version of software and recommends purchasing the book from them for $80. Hopefully some else will have better luck then I did.
I got this book bought for me and would like to learn it got 2 disc with the book my rom for disc reading quit working