Mastering Autodesk Maya 2012by Todd Palamar, Eric Keller
Get extensive, hands-on, intermediate to advanced coverage of Autodesk Maya 2012, the top-selling 3D software on the market. If you already know Maya basics, this authoritative book takes you to the next level. From modeling, texturing, animation, and visual effects to high-level techniques for/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The exclusive, official guide to the very latest version of Maya
Get extensive, hands-on, intermediate to advanced coverage of Autodesk Maya 2012, the top-selling 3D software on the market. If you already know Maya basics, this authoritative book takes you to the next level. From modeling, texturing, animation, and visual effects to high-level techniques for film, television, games, and more, this book provides professional-level Maya instruction. With pages of scenarios and examples from some of the leading professionals in the industry, author Todd Palamar will help you master the entire CG production pipeline.
- Provides professional-level instruction on Maya, the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software used in popular films, games, and commercials
- Covers the very latest Maya 2012 tools and features, including the new fluid simulation tools
- Showcases the techniques of professionals through numerous examples, demonstrating how to set up and manage 3D animation and visual effects pipelines
- Includes challenging tutorials and real-world scenarios from some of the leading professionals in the industry
If you're looking for an in-depth, professional Maya resource to turn to again and again, this is the book you need.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 75 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Todd Palamar began his career creating traditional special effects for low-budget horror movies and quickly gravitated to computer animation, first working on numerous straight-to-video movies and then switching to the video game industry. He has extensive freelance experience, including dozens of military and game-style simulations, corporate commercials, and theme park rides. In addition, he has written several Maya books, including Maya Studio Projects: Photorealistic Characters and Maya Studio Projects: Dynamics.
Eric Keller has been a professional 3D artist and high-end animator for film, commercials, and TV for 12 years. He has created animations and effects for Disney, Warner Brothers, ESPN, Harvard Medical School, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and CBS. He currently teaches at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects. Eric is the author of Mastering Autodesk Maya 2011, Maya Visual Effects: The Innovator's Guide, and Introducing ZBrush 4, all from Sybex.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews