Boost Your Child's Immune System: A Program and Recipes for Raising Strong, Healthy Kidsby Lucy Burney
Ideal for all parents, whatever their children's agehow to help kids be fit and strong for life, from a top nutrition specialist.Making the most of superfoods and nutrients, this powerful guide gives parents the building blocks and a clear plan to raise kids who are fit and strong for life and capable of fighting off bugs and infections. Top nutrition specialist Lucy Burney walks parents through how the immune system works and then addresses in a straightforward, easy-to-read manner:
- What foods to eatand avoidat each stage of your child's life, including an A-Z of superfoods for the immune system and the top 10 nutrients for building super-resistance and what foods contain them
- More than 160 recipes for super-healthy, easy-to-prepare mealsfrom what to eat during pregnancy to baby's first purees to tasty snacks for teenagers
- What foods can be used to combat common childhood ailments naturallyfrequent colds and ear infections; dry skin or eczema; asthma; poor sleep habits
- Tips on everything from how to get your child to drink more water, to how food preparation and cooking methods can enhance or detract from a food's nutritional value
- What parents need to know about the use (and overuse) of antibiotics to fight childhood infections
- The latest research on how kids develop and can avoid food allergies and asthma
Author Biography: Lucy Burney is also the author of Optimum Nutrition for Babies and Young Children and writes a regular column for Natural Parent Magazine. A qualified nutrition consultant and children's health specialist, she was trained at the renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition and went on to practice at the Hale Clinic in London. The mother of four children, she lives in Oxfordshire, England.
- Newmarket Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.64(w) x 8.68(h) x 0.58(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
very informative and detailed...changed my way of thinking about organic foods.