Bordeaux: Guide to the Wines of France (French Wine Guide)by Approach Guides, David Raezer, Jennifer Raezer
ABOUT THIS WINE GUIDE
Located in southwest France and pierced through its center by the Gironde river, Bordeaux is probably France's, if the world's,
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
RECENTLY UPDATED! Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences. (2015)
ABOUT THIS WINE GUIDE
Located in southwest France and pierced through its center by the Gironde river, Bordeaux is probably France's, if the world's, most famous wine-producing region. This Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes Bordeaux's wines unique and make informed choices.
Publisher note: The purpose of this guide is to profile the unique aspects of Bordeaux's appellations and grape varieties; this guide does not profile specific producers or rate individual wines.
What's in this guidebook:
* Grape varieties. We describe the primary red and white grape varieties in Bordeaux's famous blends and where they reach their highest expressions.
Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Bordeaux.
* A Bordeaux wine label. We explain what to look for on a Bordeaux wine label and what it tells you about what's in the bottle. In doing so, we provide background on Bordeaux's appellation system and its producer classifications.
* Map and appellation profiles. Leveraging our map of the region, we provide detailed profiles of each of Bordeaux's appellations. For each appellation, this guide describes the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
* Recommendations. We mark our favorite appellations with asterisks (*) -- our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency, and good values.
We hope that this guide serves as a great resource for your wine adventures in France and sets you on a path to making your own discoveries.
One of the benefits of Approach Guides is that we can easily update content and release new editions of our guidebooks. These updates are free for existing customers. Please visit for a list of recently updated guides and instructions on downloading the new version.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 3 MB
Meet the Author
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >