Breaking in to the Movies: An Introduction.
Part I: Reclaiming the Political in Popular Culture.
1. Norma Rae: Character, Class, and Culture.
2. Hollywood Film and the Challenge of Neofascist Culture.
3. Lina Wertmuller: Film and the Dialectic of Liberalism.
4. Looking for Mr. Goodbar: Gender and the Politics of Pleasure.
Part II: Hollywood Film and the War on Youth.
5. Slacking Off : Border Youth and Postmodern Education.
6. Culture, Class, and Pedagody in Dead Poets Society.
7. Children's Culture and Disney's Animated Films.
8. The Politics of Pedagogy, Gender, and Whiteness in Dangerous Minds.
9. Media Panics and the War Against "Kids": Larry Clark and the Politics of Diminished Hopes.
Part III: Race and the Culture of Violence in Hollywood Films.
10. Racism and the Aesthetic of Hyper-real Violoence: Pulp Fiction and other Visual Tragedies.
11. Multiculturalism and the Cultural Politics of Race in 187.
12. Brutalized Bodies and Emasculated Politics: Fight Club, Consumerism, and Masculine Violence.