Brief Calculus: An Applied Approach / Edition 8by Michael Sullivan
This accessible introduction to Calculus is designed to demonstrate how calculus applies to various fields of study. The text is packed with real data and real-life applications to business, economics, social and life sciences. Applications using real data enhances student motivation. Many of these applications include source lines, to show how mathematics is used… See more details below
This accessible introduction to Calculus is designed to demonstrate how calculus applies to various fields of study. The text is packed with real data and real-life applications to business, economics, social and life sciences. Applications using real data enhances student motivation. Many of these applications include source lines, to show how mathematics is used in the real world.
- NEW! Conceptual problems ask students to put the concepts and results into their own words. These problems are marked with an icon to make them easier to assign.
- More opportunities for the use of graphing calculator, including screen shots and instructions, and the use of icons that clearly identify each opportunity for the use of spreadsheets or graphing calculator.
- Work problems appear throughout the text, giving the student the chance to immediately reinforce the concept or skill they have just learned.
- Chapter Reviews contain a variety of features to help synthesize the ideas of the chapter, including: Objectives Check, Important Terms and Concepts, True-False Items, Fill in the Blanks and Review Exercises.
- Includes Mathematical Questions from Professional Exams (CPA)
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.03(w) x 10.35(h) x 1.13(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 0. Review.
Chapter 1. Functions and Their Graphs.
Chapter 2. Classes of Functions.
Chapter 3. The Limit of a Function.
Chapter 4. The Derivative of a Function.
Chapter 5. Applications: Graphing Functions; Optimization.
Chapter 6. The Integral of a Function and Applications.
Chapter 7. Other Applications and Extensions of the Integral.
Chapter 8. Calculus of Functions of Two or More Variables.
Appendix: Graphing Utilities.
Appendix 1. The Viewing Rectangle.
Appendix 2. Using a Graphing Utility to Graph Equations.
Appendix 3. Square Screens.
Appendix 4. Using a Graphing Utility To Locate Intercepts and Check for Symmetry.
Appendix 5. Using a Graphing Utility to Solve Equations.
Answers to Odd-Numbers Problems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >