Broadband Communications via High-Altitude Platforms / Edition 1by David Grace, Mihael Mohorcic
Pub. Date: 12/07/2010
A unique book with systematic and thorough coverage of HAP related issues, problems and solutions. Handbook of Broadband Communications from High Altitude Platforms provides a thorough overview and state of the art of the HAP enabling technologies, as well as describing recent research activities with most promising results. It outlines the roadmap for/i>
A unique book with systematic and thorough coverage of HAP related issues, problems and solutions. Handbook of Broadband Communications from High Altitude Platforms provides a thorough overview and state of the art of the HAP enabling technologies, as well as describing recent research activities with most promising results. It outlines the roadmap for future development of HAPs.
- Focuses on placing HAPs in the perspective of current and future broadband wireless communication systems, providing the readers with an overview of the constraints affecting HAP-based broadband communications
- Provides a thorough overview of HAP enabling technologies, describes recent research activities with most promising results, and outlines the roadmap for future development of HAPs
- Covers enabling technologies and economics of HAP-based communication system including issues related to aeronautics, energetics, operating scenarios, applications and business modeling
- Examines the operating environment, advanced communication techniques for efficient radio link resource management, and suitable antennas
- Addresses multiplatform constellations, presenting the multiple HAP constellation planning procedure and discussing the networking implications of using multiple HAPs
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1.3. Wireless communications in a HAP environment.
1.4. Candidate standards for provision of services and applications from HAPs.
1.5. Overview of past and present HAP related projects, trials and development plans.
2. AERONAUTICS AND ENERGETICS.
2.1. Operating environment and related challenges.
2.2. Types of airborne vehicles used for HAPs.
2.3. Power subsystem alternatives.
2.4. Flight / altitude control.
2.5. Typical characteristics of HAP aircraft and airships.
3. OPERATING SCENARIOS AND REFERENCE ARCHITECTURES.
3.1. Operating scenarios.
3.2. Antenna requirements and related challenges.
3.3. System and network architecture of HAP-based communication systems.
4. APPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS MODELLING.
4.2. Applications and services.
4.3. Business Model Introduction.
4.4. Service Provider Centric Models.
4.5. HAP Operator Centric Model.
4.6. Risk Assessment.
5. FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF HAPs AND HAP-BASED APPLICATIONS.
5.1. Trends in aeronautical development.
5.2. HAP roadmaps for different types of applications.
5.3. Telecommunication missions.
6. HAP SYSTEM OPERATING ENVIRONMENT.
6.1. Operating environment and related limitations.
6.2. Propagation channel modelling.
6.3. HAP RF propagation channel modelling.
7. FSO IN HAP-BASED COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS.
7.1. Applicability of FSO technology to HAP networks.
7.2. Physical layer aspects for FSO links in HAP networks.
7.3. Free space optics for optical transport networks.
8. ADVANCED COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES AS ENABLERS FOR HAP-BASED COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS.
8.1. Modern wireless system design concepts.
8.2. Diversity techniques.
8.3. Multiple input multiple output systems.
8.4. Adaptive coding modulation schemes.
8.5. Advanced radio resource management techniques.
9. MULTIPLE HAP NETWORKS.
9.1. Why multiple HAP constellations?
9.2. Multiple HAP constellation planning.
9.3. User Antenna Pointing Error in Multiple HAP Systems.
9.4. Two Ring Constellation Design for Multiple HAP Systems.
9.5. Constraints of Two-ring Constellation Designs.
10. NETWORKING IMPLICATIONS OF USING MULTIPLE HAP CONSTELLATIONS.
10.1. Network protocols.
10.2. Mobility management in HAP-based communication systems.
10.3. Mobility and Backhaul Load Reduction Techniques.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >