Broadcast/Cable Copywriting / Edition 6by Peter B. Orlik
Pub. Date: 07/02/1997
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Broadcast/Cable Copywriting is the most widely used text for learning how to write all types of copy for the electronic media. This text addresses the basic rules and techniques common to broadcast writing with a depth of coverage unmatched by its competitors, but without assuming any prior media writing, production, or advertising experience on the part of the/i>… See more details below
Broadcast/Cable Copywriting is the most widely used text for learning how to write all types of copy for the electronic media. This text addresses the basic rules and techniques common to broadcast writing with a depth of coverage unmatched by its competitors, but without assuming any prior media writing, production, or advertising experience on the part of the reader. The 7th Edition constructs an expansive communication context for copywriting: from basic station IDs and liners to cross-media campaign creation. Along the way, Broadcast/Cable Copywriting introduces students to hundreds of current and classic examples of effective copywriting, including scripts, storyboards, and photoboards.
New and Notable Features
- Deals with copywriting for radio and television (RTV) exclusively while covering the subject in great depth and breadth so that both working professionals and RTV students can use it as a "state of the discipline" guidebook to effective electronic media copy principles, format, and procedures.
- Begins with an orienting chapter that reveals copywriter work situations and concludes with a campaign creation chapter that pulls together the key techniques introduced throughout the book.
- Includes more than 250 message examples, many of which are new to this edition, providing students with exposure to cutting edge creativity.
- Intersperses discussions of Internet writing throughout the text, illustrating the interconnectedness of electronic media writing for the student.
- Includes updated content and referenced insights from top industry practitioners around the world,provides students with a broad range of examples.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.99(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.77(d)
Table of Contents
|Pt. I||Copywriting Dimensions|
|Ch. 1||The Copywriting Marketplace||1|
|Ch. 2||Copywriting and the Communication Process||16|
|Ch. 3||Tools of Our Trade||28|
|Ch. 4||Rational and Emotional Attractions||56|
|Ch. 5||Making Sense of Our Audience||93|
|Ch. 6||CDVP Factors||118|
|Pt. II||Radio Copywriting|
|Ch. 7||Key Elements of Radio Writing||167|
|Ch. 8||Radio Commercials||201|
|Ch. 9||Additional Audio Endeavors||249|
|Pt. III||Television Copywriting|
|Ch. 10||Key Elements of Television Writing||287|
|Ch. 11||The Business of Television Commercials||334|
|Ch. 12||Additional Video Endeavors||374|
|Pt. IV||Campaign Copywriting|
|Ch. 13||Public Service Assignments||418|
|Ch. 14||Electronic Media Campaign Construction||451|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >