- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A benchmark reference textbook.
An exceptional editorial team and internationally renownedcontributors come together to bring you Brook’s ClinicalPediatric Endocrinology. This new book is full of practicaladvice and is essential reading for everyone involved in the careof children and adolescents with endocrine disease anddisorders.
This outstanding reference book has been fully updated tofeature new concepts, new investigations and new molecularmechanisms and is full of practical, clinical advice. Theperfect text for pediatric endocrinologists, endocrinologists andpediatricians.
1. Genetics and Genomics (Peter A. Kopp).
Principles of Hormone Action (Melissa Westwood).
3. Measuring Hormones, Molecular Tests and their ClinicalApplication (Jan M. Wit, Marcel Karperien & Bart E.P.B.Ballieux).
4. Congenital Disorders of the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-SomatotropeAxis (Ameeta Mehta, Evelien F. Gevers & Mehul T.Dattani).
5. Acquired Disorders of the Hypothalamo-Pituitary Axis(Kyriaki-Sandy Alatzoglou & Mehul T. Dattani).
6. Evaluation of Growth Disorders (Jerry K. Wales).
7. Management of Disordered Growth (Steven D.Chernausek).
8. Evaluation and Management of Late Effects of Cancer Treatment(Helena K. Gleeson & Stephen M. Shalet).
9. Evaluation and Management of Disorders of Sex Development(Ieuan A. Hughes).
10. Evaluation of Disordered Puberty (Mehul T. Dattani,Vaitsa Tziaferi & Peter C. Hindmarsh).
11. Management of Disordered Puberty (Jakub Mieszczak,Christopher P. Houk & Peter A. Lee).
12. The Thyroid (Rosalind S. Brown).
13. The Adrenal Cortex and its Disorders (Walter L.Miller).
14. Polyglandular Syndromes (Catherine J. Owen, Tim D.Cheetham & Simon H.S. Pearce).
15. Disorders of Water Balance (David R. Repaske).
16. The Parathyroid and Disorders of Calcium and Bone Metabolism(Jeremy Allgrove).
17. Endocrine Neoplasia in Childhood (Joanne C.Blair).
18. Diabetes Mellitus (Andrew W. Norris & Joseph I.Wolfsdorf).
19. Hypoglycemia: Assessment and Management (AndrewCotterill, David Cowley & Ristan Greer).
20. Childhood Obesity (Michael Freemark).
21. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (M. Isabel Hernandez &Verónica Mericq).
22. Weight Regulation and Monogenic Obesity (I. SadafFarooqi).
23. Ethical Issues in Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology (LeenaPatel & Peter E. Clayton).
Appendix: Syndrome-specific Growth Charts.