- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The Manual concentrates on the most common soft tissue surgical conditions of the abdomen encountered in small animal practice and mentions briefly the more uncommon and complex surgical procedures....
The Manual concentrates on the most common soft tissue surgical conditions of the abdomen encountered in small animal practice and mentions briefly the more uncommon and complex surgical procedures. The main focus of the Manual is the various surgical techniques - illustrated throughout by the step-by-step Operative Technique panels - although medical issues and the decision-making process leading to surgery are also discussed.
Each of the chapters follows the same basic format: introduction; patient evaluation; differential diagnosis; diagnostic techniques; preoperative considerations; surgical management; and postoperative management. Warning and practical tip boxes also feature throughout the Manual.
1. Principles of Abdominal Surgery (Elizabeth M. Welsh).
2. Equipment and Surgical Instrumentation (Prue Neath).
3. The Body Wall (Davina M. Anderson).
4. The Stomach (Gary W. Ellison).
5. Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus (John M. Williams).
6. The Small Intestine (Bryden J. Stanley).
7. The Large Intestine and Rectum (Jacqui D. Niles and John M. Williams).
8. The Liver and Biliary Tract (Jacqui D. Niles).
9. Portosystemic Shunts (Geraldine B. Hunt).
10. The Pancreas (Stephen J. Birchard).
11. The Spleen (Michael Mison and Jacqui D. Niles).
12. The Adrenal Glands (Stephen J. Birchard).
13. The Upper Urinary Tract (Mary A. McLoughlin).
14. The Male Urogenital System (Richard A.S. White).
15. The Female Reproductive System (Nichole A. Danova, Chad Schmiedt and Dale Bjorling).
16. Peritonitis (Lori Ludwig).
Appendix: Conversion Tables.