- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Orange, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book guides the reader through the basic principles of wound healing and surgical technique, providing an excellent basis for decision making in practice. Chapters on open wound management and drainage are followed by sections on tension relieving techniques, skin grafting, flaps and microvascular reconstruction. Complications of wound healing are dealt with in detail.
This is a truly transatlantic venture - the Canadian and UK editors have commissioned chapters from acknowledged experts in their fields from both the UK and North America. The practical problem-solving approach of this book, combined with its thorough treatment of individual techniques, makes it an invaluable aid to the practitioner faced with wounds resulting from trauma or from surgical intervention.
BSAVA, BVNA and FECAVA members can claim their member discount by ordering direct from: British Small Animal Veterinary Association Woodrow House, 1 Telford Way, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 4AB, Tel: 01452 726709, Fax: 01452 726701, E-mail: email@example.com
The book contains predominantly color illustrations, with some black-and-white illustrations.
Provides complete instruction needed by veterinary surgeons, students, and technicians concerning wound care in small animals. Case examples illustrate clinical applications of techniques.
1. Wound Management and Reconstruction (John M. Williams and David Fowler).
2. The Aetiology and Classification of Wounds and Skin Deficits (Richard A.S. White).
3. Wound Healing and Influencing Factors (Clare R. Gregory).
4. Wound Closure Options and Decision Making (Jamie R. Bellah and John M. Williams).
5. Open Wound Management (John M. Williams).
6. Surgical Drains (Stephen J. Baines).
7. Tension Relieving Techniques and Local Skin Flaps (David Fowler).
8. Axial Pattern Flaps (Audrey Remedios).
9. Skin Grafting (Richard A.S. White).
10. Pedicled Muscle Flaps (Jonathan Chambers).
11. Reconstructive Microsurgery (David Fowler).
12. Special Considerations in Wound Management (John M. Williams).
13. Complications of Wound Healing (Audrey Remedios).
14. Case Examples (David Fowler and John M. Williams).