BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Wound Management and Reconstruction / Edition 1by David Fowler
Pub. Date: 10/28/1999
Over the past two decades, wound management and reconstruction has become an increasingly exciting and demanding area of veterinary surgery. Our knowledge of the biology of wound healing and of the factors that contribute to abnormal wound healing has expanded greatly. The application of new dressing products, and novel surgical and microsurgical techniques allow the veterinary surgeon to facilitate more rapid and functional recoveries, with fewer wound-related complications.
This book guides the reader through the basic principles of wound healing and surgical technique, providing an excellent basis for decision making in practice. Chapters on open wound management and drainage are followed by sections on tension relieving techniques, skin grafting, flaps and microvascular reconstruction. Complications of wound healing are dealt with in detail.
This is a truly transatlantic venture - the Canadian and UK editors have commissioned chapters from acknowledged experts in their fields from both the UK and North America. The practical problem-solving approach of this book, combined with its thorough treatment of individual techniques, makes it an invaluable aid to the practitioner faced with wounds resulting from trauma or from surgical intervention.
BSAVA, BVNA and FECAVA members can claim their member discount by ordering direct from: British Small Animal Veterinary Association Woodrow House, 1 Telford Way, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 4AB, Tel: 01452 726709, Fax: 01452 726701, E-mail: email@example.com
- Publication date:
- BSAVA British Small Animal Veterinary Association Series
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 209.50(w) x 297.10(h) x 8.80(d)
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
1. Wound Management and Reconstruction (John M. Williams and David Fowler).
2. The Aetiology and Classification of Wounds and Skin Deficits (Richard A.S. White).
3. Wound Healing and Influencing Factors (Clare R. Gregory).
4. Wound Closure Options and Decision Making (Jamie R. Bellah and John M. Williams).
5. Open Wound Management (John M. Williams).
6. Surgical Drains (Stephen J. Baines).
7. Tension Relieving Techniques and Local Skin Flaps (David Fowler).
8. Axial Pattern Flaps (Audrey Remedios).
9. Skin Grafting (Richard A.S. White).
10. Pedicled Muscle Flaps (Jonathan Chambers).
11. Reconstructive Microsurgery (David Fowler).
12. Special Considerations in Wound Management (John M. Williams).
13. Complications of Wound Healing (Audrey Remedios).
14. Case Examples (David Fowler and John M. Williams).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >