Buddhism and Buddhists in China (Illustrated)by Lewis Hodous
• The purpose of the book is impressionistic rather than definitely educational. It is not textbook for the formal study of Buddhism, but introduction to its study. It aims to kindle interest and to
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
• The book is an edited and illustrated version of the original one and includes 15 or more unique illustrations which are relevant to its content.
• The purpose of the book is impressionistic rather than definitely educational. It is not textbook for the formal study of Buddhism, but introduction to its study. It aims to kindle interest and to direct the activity of the awakened student along sound lines. For further study each volume amply provides through directions and literature in the appendices. It seeks to help the student to discriminate, to think in terms of a devotee of Buddhism when he compares that religion with Christianity. It assumes, however, that Christianity is the broader and deeper revelation of God and the world of today. Buddhism in China undoubtedly includes among its adherents many high-minded, devout, and earnest souls who live an idealistic life.
- Five Star Publishing, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 732 KB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >