- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
• Save money by making your current PC last longer
• Discover the practical techniques of upgrading a PC and avoid the pitfalls
• Create the PC you really want, not just the off-the-shelf package from manufacturers
Ian Sinclair's Build Your Own books have established themselves as authoritative and highly practical guides for home and small business PC users and IT technicians alike. All aspects of building and upgrading a PC are covered, making this the book computer retailers don't want you to read!
Build and Upgrade Your Own PC, 4th edition is based around building and upgrading to the latest systems, such as Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP motherboards running Windows XP and Windows 2000 Professional. As well as guiding you round the inside of your PC base unit Ian Sinclair also covers setup and security issues and peripherals, including:
• Monitors, printers and scanners
• Video capture
• DVD drives
• Small-scale networking solutions - wired and wireless
• Security technologies, including Firewall
• Troubleshooting installation CD-ROMs
Audience: PC users seeking guidance on the hardware side of their system: upgrading, hardware troubleshooting, and even construction of a full system. Also suitable for hardware-based vocational education and training courses. According to C Net there are 165 million people who who have access to at least one PC.