- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This unique resource provides a practical overview of the research and best practices that can be easily adapted and applied in the development of highly effective after-school programs.
"Building Effective Afterschool Programs offers a combination of theory, research, and practice for anyone interested in exploring afterschool issues or implementing afterschool programs. Fashola is to be commended for helping the reader organize their thoughts on 'what works' in afterschool programming. She offers the reader a means for examining current afterschool programs and promising strategies that have evidence of effectiveness and replicability. "
About the Author
1. Why Afterschool Programs?
2. Language Arts Afterschool Programs
3. Enrichment Afterschool Programs
4. Tutoring Programs to Improve Reading and Study Skills
5. Community-Based Afterschool Programs
6. How to Create an Afterschool Program: From Conception to Implementation
8. Conclusions and Implications: What Works
Resources: Contacts for Information on Programs Reviewed