This revised edition of Building Mental Muscle distills the most recent findings in brain research into accessible mini-reports from the frontlines of cognitive science. With the aid of fun exercises and self-tests designed to stimulate cells in different areas of brain function, the authors introduce readers to six “intelligence zones”—overlapping areas of cognitive skills: executive/social, memory, emotional, language, math, and spatial. By understanding how the brain works, you will be on your way to learning:
- Simple lifestyle changes to boost neuron development and improve memory.
- Ways to change mood without drugs or therapy.
- The differences in how male and female brains process information.
- How brains respond to stress, solve problems, recognize faces, and handle fear.
- Techniques for reversing the decline of cognitive skills as you age.
So, don’t feel you’re stuck with the brain you were issued. Build for the future by building mental muscle.