Building Surveys Reports 3e / Edition 3by Edward A. Noy
Pub. Date: 08/08/2005
This book deals with structural surveys for all types of building - domestic industrial and commercial - and includes diagnosis of a wide range of defects. It considers both modern and older construction methods, and deals with the particular problems of alterations and restoration work. Guidance is given on how to carry out measured surveys and on report writing. The third edition covers the latest definitions of types of property surveys, more information on report writing and a range of detail updates.
* Covers all types of building - commercial, industrial and historical - not just domestic
* Deals with particular problems of conversion and renovation work - increasingly important today
* New edition features latest definitions of survey types, more on report writing and a range of other updates
* ‘a valuable reference book’ - ASI Journal
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.61(w) x 6.69(h) x 0.88(d)
Table of Contents
Preface to Second Edition.
Preface to Third Edition.
1. General Principles and Responsibilities.
2. Procedure and Equipment.
3. Measurement of Existing Buildings.
4. Surveys of Historic Buildings.
5. Foundation Failures.
6. Defective Walls and Partitions Above Ground.
7. Reinforced Concrete, Cladding Materials and Structural Steelwork.
8. Damp Penetration and Condensation.
9. Timber Decay and Insect Attack.
10. Roof Structures and Coverings.
11. Fireplaces, Flues and Chimney Stacks.
12. Timber Upper Floors, Floor Coverings, Staircases and Ladders.
13. Finishes and Joinery Externally and Internally.
15. External Works.
16. Fire and Flood Damage.
17. Report Writing.
18. Legal Aspects.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >